Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Life at Chez Dill

or: Why nothing has happened lately.

Us here at the Dill residence are a bunch of wimps. I grew up in LA where the cold part of the year was watching fireworks off the harbor during 4th of July with that frigid 50 degree breeze blowing off the Pacific. Koji grew up the better part of his life before in San Antonio, where hot and humid is the norm (though not nearly as bad as Houston.) and while fluffier than last August, he still has a rather not fluffy coat when compared to his Shiba pals. Jeff can handle it pretty okay, but he and Koji aren't gone on many long walks in the frigid and damp outdoors lately.

We're in Dallas. I don't think we'd be able to brave anything much further north of us. Especially since the use of our heater last month hiked our electric bill an extra $100!! Ouch...

We braved a dog park over the weekend and met a very nice lady with the sweetest Basenji (which Jeff called the 'corgi inu' since the little African dogs look like a mashup of our favorites.) Jeff sounded like he'd consider one, though I was surprised by how short the little girl's fur was, though thinking on it, it's not like they exactly need to brave harsh winters down on the savannah. But even with the highlight of a Koji sized and attitude matched play mate, we didn't last much more than an hour at best. At least the road directly to the park is finally open, making it actually convenient to go to the nearby complex now.

I wished I had brought my camera with me, but hopefully we'll see her again. When I finally sort through a few of those photos I took at another dog park a few weeks ago with my new Nikon D5000, I'll put them up. Thinking of picking up a book about it at the store, though. Kind of a big deal, seeing I'm not a manual kind of gal, but seeing I have NO IDEA what I'm doing, it might be a first step into something good...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting that you call your blog Shiba Muffins. That's our name for Suki's paws! haha

Hey congrats on the D5000! If you need some book recommendations I can definitely make some. There are tons out there that aren't boring like a manual ;)

thepaisleyfox said...

Ha!

It's actually Shiba Muffins since I'm an avid baker (and long story short, my email is 'foxymuffin'.) It only seemed appropriate.

And YES! Books you could recommend would make me VERY grateful! I'd very much appreciate it. I'm already loving the Nikon, now I just need to harness it's true power. ;)